Interactive Maps & Data Sets
- SkyTruth AlertsA free service that provides daily updates of environmentally significant incidents by geographical area. Browse the map or sign up to receive email alerts for the areas of interest you specify.
- Pennsylvania Fracking Ponds (2008-2015)
- MTR Data Sets and Map (1976-2005)
The dataset is freely available for the public to download, visualize, and analyze the footprint of mining in Central Appalachia. To explore a subset of the data via an interactive web map, please visit: http://skytruthmtr.appspot.com/. A paper, “Mapping the yearly extent of surface coal mining in Central Appalachia using Landsat and Google Earth Engine,”was published in the Open Access journal PLOS ONE on 25 Jul 2018.
- PA Wellpads (2005-2013)
- Global Fishing Watch
- VIIRS Global Flaring Map (2012-present)
- Annual Flaring Volume Estimates from NOAA’s Earth Observation Group
- Mountain Top Mining (1985-2015)
- Our Shrinking National Monuments
- At Risk Petrochemical Facilities in the Gulf of Mexico
- Inactive U.S. Metal Mines as of 2012
- Abandoned Coal Mines